evoVIU – SmartCam presentation at the Blechexpo 2019 in Stuttgart
The company evopro systems engineering AG will also be represented at Blechexpo this year from 05.11.- 08.11.2019 and will show the newly developed Smartcam evoVIU there. First of all, the question naturally arises why the company evopro systems engineering AG is developing a new Smartcam, when there are sufficient camera systems on the market? This question is easy to answer.
Customers in the automotive industry in particular have a great need for camera systems that are used specifically on the cross bar feeders in forming lines to read lasered information, measure dimensions, detect cracks, etc. Until now, however, it has not been possible to use the existing systems, cameras and cross bar feeders to transfer the acquired images to a computer. Therefore, evopro systems engineering AG has developed the evoVIU Smartcam, which uses 5G transmission as well as other interfaces. At many OEMs, a 5G structure is being set up on the factory premises in order to be able to transmit data quickly and securely.
Due to its robust and flat design, as well as the already integrated fully configurable illumination and the TOF autofocus, inline images of defined areas can be captured. Different processor variants also allow more complex calculations directly in the line. A wide variety of interfaces (Ethernet, IO-Link, 5G, WLAN, etc.) can be used to transfer the data from the calculations to the relevant data sink.
All these functions are linked by evoFLOW, a graphical and web-based tool for defining process descriptions. This makes it possible for operators who are not specialized in image processing or programming to create new flows and put them into operation. Another decisive advantage is that the customer buys one or more cameras, but only needs one software license.
- Camera resolution (image size): 5 Mpixel, Monochrome or Color
- Focus distance:< 100mm to 1000mm
- Color of the integrated lighting: RGB color scheme
- Product throughput: 30 parts / min
- Identifiable Features: Contrasting details on steel and aluminium sheets
Technical data of the smart camera:
- Dimensions in mm (L x W x H): Camera without connector: 91.5 x 70.5 x 62 mm
- Weight: Camera with integrated lighting 500 g
- Electrical supply:
- Nominal current: 0.5 A.
- Nominal voltage: 24 VDC
- Power consumption: 15 W
- i.MX8M QUAD-Core Cortext A53, 1.5 Ghz + Cortex M4 266 Mhz 4 GB DDR3 RAM – 16 GB eMMC
- Embedded Linux
- Electrical feed: 5-pin M12 connector – B coded
- Triggering: Hardware up to 24 VDC, software
- Communication: 8-pin M12 socket X-Coded / wireless
- Selectable COM standards: Ethernet (10/100/1000 Mbit)
- Wifi (802.11 ac / a / b / g / n)
- IO-Link 1v1
- Profinet (in planning)
- 5G-Ready (in planning)
- Alternative interfaces on customer request
- Internal lighting: Replaceable Helios LED board with optional color selection (blue, red, green)
- External lighting: Digital LED lighting for RGB color scheme
Do you have any questions about the product or do you need an offer?
Our sales manager is happy to be there for you:
Karl-Heinz Fröhning Head of Sales